Gr8 2 c u

I don't want to offend anyone but I find it REALLY irritating when people use silly abbreviations in their written word (a.k.a* sms language) like LOL, LUV, LMAO. It makes me really angry, and can actually lead me dislike someone. Wasn't this why predictive text was invented - to make it quicker to type full words??! If I had nothing better to do, it would become my mission in life to banish those guilty.

Here are a few that really raise my blood pressure:

gr8 instead of great
l8er instead of later
y instead of why

2 instead of to
wateva instaed of whatever
sez instead of says
ya instead of you
imo instead of in my opinion
fnx instead of thanks - particularly bad as it mixes chav talk and sms language

Any that annoy you?

.......................................

*a.k.a is allowed, as is FYI (when used in business email) and common abbreviations like etc, etc.

0 comments:

Post a Comment