Earning Commission

This is a true story from my weekend.

On Saturday, I went to Roderick Charles to buy a new suit. I liked the fit of the suit jacket so the tailor asked me: "Would sir like to try on the trousers?" I did.

On returning from the changing from, the tailor asked "How do the trousers fit sir?" I said they were fine. He put his fingers down the front of the 36"-waist and said "Mmm... they're a bit tight on you sir. Would sir mind if I got them taken out by half an inch?" Realising I was a fat bastard, I said OK.

The tailor then said with a straight face: "Many of our customers played a lot of sport in their youth, like you sir, so are quite muscular down their sides".

With that I bought two suits.

As the cash desk, I then noticed he'd written that the trousers should be taken out three quarters of an inch. Cheeky bastard.

2 comments:

Brilliant. A true pro.

James G said...
28 July 2008 at 17:44  

maybe you should take it as a hint and lose a few stone...

loveclaudiaxxx said...
28 July 2008 at 22:32  

Post a Comment